A Very Plummy Holiday Gift Guide
A pandemic-appropriate collection of 14 gifts to give yourself, and those outside your bubble.
Lancôme Paris Juicy Tubes Full Set
...because no one wears makeup anymore except for a *leetle* bit of gloss. The company is celebrating the 20th anniversary of its beloved lip shine by offering a complete set of all 20 shades — wrapped up neatly in a festive red, limited-edition carrying case. $258 (normally a $400 value) at Lancome-usa.com.
Allē Gift Card
… because after all of the frowning (and crying and freaking out) we’ve done this year, a good dose of injectables is just what the doctor ordered. Allē is Allergan Aesthetics’ new loyalty rewards program, which gives your lucky giftee access to exclusive offers and personalized rewards to use for savings on Allergan Aesthetics™ products at her provider’s office. That's right, Botox, Juvéderm and more. Oh my! Amount: customizable. Go to Alle.com.
Chanel Le Vernis Longwear Nail Colour in Chaîne D'Or
… because we may not be able to go out for manicures with reckless abandon anymore, but we sure can do our nails at home! Inspired by the signature Chanel chain interlaced with black leather, this new limited-edition metallic golden shade with a long-wearing, high-shine finish is, well, everything. $28 exclusively at Chanel.com and Chanel boutiques.
A Gift Certificate from a Meal Delivery Service
… because we’re all so sick of cooking. every. single. meal.
• Territory (shown) promises meals that are 73% plant forward, free of dairy, gluten, and refined sugar and made exclusively with sustainable, responsibly sourced ingredients. Plus, they support local chefs, restaurant workers and farmers. Territory Market Boxes available, too. $70, $140, $210 or custom amount at TerritoryFoods.com.
• Eat Sunny delivers organic meals based on the Mediterranean diet, which are designed to strengthen your immune system and enhance your mood, skin and hair health. Each meal includes antioxidant-rich, high-fiber, good-for-your-gut and anti-inflammatory ingredients. $18 - $315+ for a 3- or 5-day service at EatSunny.com.
Laubahn Scent-Infused Face Mask
… because the lovely scent of lavender is sooo much better than your own breath. Crafted by dreamy fragrance house Laubahn Perfumes, these must-have masks are made in the USA using 100% triple-layered cotton. The sewn-in filter is filled with small amounts of either dried French Lavender or Maine Balsam Fir (think: pine trees). Comes in flannel, as well. $20 each at LaubahnPerfumes.com.
PCA SKIN® Micro Peel At-Home Kit
… because, in one year, we've aged a decade. This comprehensive skincare regimen delivers professional-grade, visible results at home. It includes a custom protocol developed by skincare professionals, which brightens and rejuvenates all skin types. Kit includes the seven products you need to forget 2020. $129 at PCASKIN.com.
UGG® Classic Sherpa Poof Tablet Pillow
… because, who are we kidding, nobody leaves bed anymore. This soft, fluffy poof props up electronics so you can view them from any angle. Features iconic UGG styling and a 5" x 6" phone pocket to keep mobile devices within easy, safe reach (i.e. not hiding under the covers or falling on your face). Fits on your desk or table, too, if you're one of those motivated people. $20 at BedBathandBeyond.com.
Upness Clean Jelly Hemp-Infused Hand Sanitizer
… because if you have to sanitize your hands 80,000 a day, you might as well use a sanitizer infused with 100 mg of CBD oil to make your hands feel reeeaaallll good. This one kills bacteria and germs — and reduces inflammation and skin irritation caused by most hand sanitizers. $15 at Upness.com
Athleta Venice Velvet Stripe Jogger
… because if you’re going make the effort to wear actual clothing, make sure it's comfortable and stylish! The high-shine side stripe lends a festive look, while the nylon/spandex fabric provides much-appreciated stretch. $98 at Athleta.com.
Chantecaille Gold Recovery Intense Concentrate P.M.
... because if you're going to be up tossing and turning over the state of the world, you might as well do it with a really good overnight product on your face. This month-long nighttime regimen (it comes with 4 of the vials shown) harnesses the powers of 24k gold and a collection of supportive active ingredients that work synergistically to brighten, smooth wrinkles and replenish your skin. $320 at Chantecaille.com.
Nexxus® Curl Define Range
… because friends don't let friends wash their hair these days unless it's really worth it. This low-maintenance, scientifically-proven, salon-quality line restores curl strength from within with a "ProteinFusion" blend for more definition and less fuzz. Find all four products in the line at Nexxus.com.
Kneipp BathTime Me Time 10-Piece Bath Oil Gift Set
... because a bath cleans you up and winds you down, and who doesn't need both right about now? This at-home aromatherapy collection of the company's best-selling bath oils helps relax and ease your sore muscles and mind. Made without parabens, phthalates, silicones, petrolatum, paraffin or mineral oil. Vegan and cruelty-free. $32 at Ulta.com.
... because wine = happiness, especially this year. Here are three we recommend.
• Nasty Woman Wines (shown): Founded by wine pro Meg Murray, and inspired by Meg’s then-five-year-old-daughter, who, in 2016, asked how old she needed to be to run for President, these wines are the perfect gift all the boss babes on your list, from the CEOs to the stay-at-home-moms and everyone in between. With names like “Boss Lady Bubbles,” “Rise Up Riesling" and “Pantsuit Pinot Noir,” it’s hard to not fall in love with Meg and her daughter’s mission… and the juice in the bottle. Available online and ready to ship to most U.S. states. From $15 NastyWomanWines.com.
• Gary Farrell 2017 Pinot Noir, Hallberg Vineyard, Russian River Valley, CA: For the most discerning wine lovers on your list, you'll want to pick something classic but understated. Instead of the predictable Cabernet Sauvignon, why not opt for this silky smooth Sonoma Pinot Noir in a move that says “I not only appreciate exquisite wine, but I also carefully curate my gift selections.” Bursting with layers of red and black fruit, baking spice, a whiff of smoke and a delightfully fresh, earthy finish, it's $55 at GaryFarrellWinery.com.
• Avaline Red: Avaline was co-founded by Cameron Diaz and Katherine Power, who may not be known for their wine careers, but clearly have a background in listening to what consumers want, and delivering a product that gives it to them. This bright, juicy red – a blend of Grenache and Syrah from France’s Rhône region – joins the rest of the portfolio of vegan-friendly wines made with organic grapes and without any “unnecessary extras,” like the 60+ authorized additives that can go into wine. It also screams “buy me by the case and drink with every meal.” $24 at DrinkAvaline.com.